Tuesday, October 19, 2010

HOW GREEN ARE YOU?

I was born in a little village, out of the city, in a forest area, with rivers, a lot of animals and farmers. Today that place has lost some of those characteristics, such us some parts of forest, and rivers, which were used to produce energy. Even that was a beautiful and natural place, people that live there are not worried about the environment. I believe that we should learn about good habits in our home and in the school; sometimes TV programs show interesting things to do too.
When I go to my village, I go everywhere walking or biking, but in Santiago I would be really scared to do it, because I don´t want to have an accident, and a lot of people usually drive like real stupids.
I would like to belong in an eco-organisations (Green Peace <3), but I really don´t have enough time in this moment of my life, because when I get free time I must make some money. However, instead of being in an eco-organisation, I do other kind of thing to help the environment; I recycle glass, paper, and plant trees (in my village, not in Santiago, because here I don´t know where a poor tree had enough space to grow).
I believe that in Santiago it is absolutely important to teach about environmentally friendly practices, specially to children, because many times we forget that this is one of the main topics today, that world is in environmental danger, and they are the future of the humanity.
Thinking about ourselves other than other things is missing in our society, it is not just thinking about me and my desires. If we could do that, I am sure that this would be a wonderful world, for everything that lives over him :)

2 comments:

  1. I really envy your life in Linares, you can breathe clean air and eat clean and beautiful vegetables. Don't fall in love with this urban and contaminated city.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I think that children are the change! XD
    I know that yor lung its more clear than mine. bye

    ReplyDelete