Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My high school experience

When I was in the high school, my favorite subject was history, but my teacher wasn´t the best. He lost a lot of time checking his books, and we could listen to him just around thirty minutes. I tried to search all that was interesting for me on my own, but the high school’s library was really poor :( Then, I noticed that what I wanted to know I would have to get it at university :)
I didn´t have enough technology in my high school, such as good computers, internet, radios... I hadn`t thought about that, but it was absolutely poor. I remember that I had a music class in my last course, and we had to play some music instrument; all my classmates got guitars, but I had to play a piano that never made a sound. I was a real looser.
I was in a Public High school; it is the reason that explains some of my experiences, but I had good moments there, with my friends or when I had a chocolate´s business in my classroom, for example, it was wonderful, because every day I made a lot of money, so I could buy books, clothes, and help my mother with some things that she needed.
I believe that when we are in a bad situation, everyone has to try to be their own teachers, and if we want to go to university, organize our life thinking in that, not just sit down and wait for heaven´s solutions.

2 comments:

  1. Ana! I think you are the prove that a person can educate it self and develop because of personal motivations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anita

    I admire you because your effort.
    See you!!

    ReplyDelete